IMPOSTER TRADEMARK STANDARDSImposter LLC prohibits the use of any fabric that requires the death of an animal to exist.
If an element, material, or fiber cannot be obtained without resulting in the death of an animal, use of the “IM Imposter” mark in connection with the manufacture, production, distribution or sale is strictly prohibited for any product containing that element, material or fiber. “Certified Animal Friendly” certifies that no animal lives were taken in the production or development of a product bearing the IM Imposter mark. Buttons and fittings on each product must also qualify as “Certified Animal Friendly” in order for any such button or fitting to be used in any product that is manufactured, produced, distributed or sold as “Certified Animal Friendly.”
LIST OF FABRICS AND FIBERS THAT HAVE BEEN PRE-APPROVED AS ANIMAL FRIENDLYIM IMPOSTER SECURITY LABEL
Imposter’s internal animal friendly certification and security label is not your average garment label. Imposter uses the most advanced security and anti-counterfeit label technology available in the world.
Imposter uses a serialized authentication label manufactured by Labeltex Mills, Inc. of Los Angeles, California. LTM is a leader in brand protection in the Apparel, Accessory and Footwear Industries with over 40 global brands utilizing their labels and accountability system. Their BPS™ SECURE labels and stickers contain multiple validations, both overt and covert, and they can account for each label down to the single serialized number. DHS-Ice, U.S. Customs & Border Protection, Interpol, local law enforcement, as well as Brand Enforcement Personnel and Consumer Advocacy Groups have praised LTM for developing a proven protection system that is easy to verify, yet impossible to duplicate. Labeltex BPS™ SECURE System is the exclusive manufacturer for the IM Imposter certification label. When you see the IM label, you can trust that no animal life was taken for the product to exist.
1. The following fabrics and fibers have been pre-approved for use with the IM Imposter certification mark:a. Plant-based fibers (pre-approved):
- Ramie (Ramie plant)
- Soy Silk
- PVC (Chlorofibre, polyvynilchloride)
- Polartec & Wind Pro
2. Fibers listed below have not been pre-approved & require written consent from Imposter LLC. None of the fibers listed below haveThe following fibers require special restrictions due to inhumane treatment of animals in the production process – though these fabrics do NOT require the death of an animal to exist. Though humane sourcing might be possible, written approval of the following fibers will be severely restricted:
- Camel Hair
- Down & Feathers
- Felt Can contain real animal fur
3. Fibers & fabrics that are prohibited under all circumstances:
- Animal fur (skin attached): Including but not limited to: Beaver, Chinchilla, Coyote, Fisher, Fox, Lamb (Karakul/broadtail), Lynx, Marten, Mink, Muskrat, Nutria, Opossum, Rabbit, Raccoon, Finn Raccoon, Raccoon Dog, Sable, Tanuki, Weasel. All types of fur that require the death of an animal are prohibited.
- Leather, Including but not limited to: Cattle, snake, alligator, kangaroo, ostrich, lizard, seal, snake, & crocodile. All skins that require the death of an animal are prohibited. Lambskin. Sheepskin.